Trine 2: Director’s Cut, exclusively for the Wii U, features the critically acclaimed original Trine 2 game, a number of enhancements and gameplay polish, alongside a new game mode called “Magic Mayhem”, designed exclusively for the Wii U.
Trine 2 is a sidescrolling game of action, puzzles and platforming. You play as one of the Three Heroes who make their way through dangers untold in a fantastical fairytale world. The game features an exciting adventure full of action, including physics-based puzzles using fire, water, gravity and magic; wicked goblins on a quest to ruin the kingdom for good; and a magical environment full of wonder.
For the first time in the series, Trine 2 introduces online cooperative multiplayer support for up to three players, alongside the local multiplayer mode.
The upcoming new expansion campaign, Trine 2: The Goblin Menace, will also be released on the Wii U at launch as a console exclusive.
Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U exclusive & launch title)
- “The Developers' vision” fully formed
- Improved gameplay and a myriad of level changes
- Over 100 minor changes to the original game, including improved gameplay, level changes, new vocals and character interactions and user experience improvements
- New control system designed for the Wii U
- Special multiplayer features for the New Controller and support for up to three Wii Remote™ controllers.
- Improved console graphics only available on the Wii U
- New collectible shards that unlock a new non-campaign game level featuring all-new puzzles
- Campaign support for the new skills in The Goblin Menace expansion
Trine 2: Magic Mayhem (included in the Director’s Cut)
- An all-new “party mode” for up to 4 players
- Online or offline multiplayer
- More details to be announced soon
Trine 2: The Goblin Menace
- Add-on content for Trine 2: Director’s Cut
- A new adventure featuring the heroic trio in a tall tale of goblin menace
- 6 new levels chock-full of new puzzles, hazards, enemies and contraptions
- New skills for each character with new possibilities for puzzle solving
- Completely new environments ranging from burning desert to snowy mountains to the insides of a giant sand whale
Trine 2: Director's Cut and Trine 2: The Goblin Menace expansion campaign will be released at the launch of the Wii U. Trine 2 is currently available on Steam for PC/Mac, the Mac App Store, Linux, Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
Amadeus the Wizard
Despite his ongoing research for finally learning the Fireball spell, the Wizard's talent is for conjuring peculiar boxes, and occasionally even planks. He can also levitate small inanimate objects.
Amadeus is married to a lady by the name of Margaret. They have three children, all of whom know the Fireball spell.
Pontius the Knight
The Knight is an eager champion of the kingdom, the protector of the common man with a great sense of justice. Armed with his sword, his shield and the powerful Storm Hammer, he's a formidable fighter.
Pontius's great weakness is food. This shows around his waist.
Zoya the Thief
The Thief makes her way up to rooftops and over walls with her trusty grappling hook. Zoya is not so concerned about family or duty, but she is content to be a hero of the Trine, for she loves adventure.
Zoya's love for treasure, however, often leads her astray.